Friday, October 10, 2014

A Delightful Girl's Lap Quilt

Remember this post when I promised to share pictures of my creation from the bright and fun fabric I had, well I've finally kept my promise. Here it is!




This lap quilt was created especially for my Aunt's first grandchild, a beautiful, blue-eyed cutie.  The pictures were taken back in May (notice my helper's sandals) when the quilt was completed but I couldn't deliver it until a month later as I had a cold. There was no chance I was exposing her to any illness, so once I received a clean bill of health from the doctor off I went to meet the newest member of our family.  

Honestly, it was surreal to hold her, such a sweet precious baby, for several reasons. You see I was pregnant with my own little blessing and kept imagine holding him and I could also remember holding this little beauty's father, my little cousin, when he was a baby. Whenever he came over with his family to visit, my sister and I would always ask to hold him, feed him, and give him lots of kisses and hugs.  Now he's a grown man and has his own family.  My has time flown. 

Welcome to the family little one! I hope you enjoy this creation made especially for you. 

P.S.  Can you see my little helper in the last picture, he's hiding a smile behind the quilt. Oh how I love him! 

No comments: